Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bobbles, Bobbles, Bobbles

My lime green Noni Bobble Bag is completed - I mean I'm done knitting the bag part, and it's off the needles! The pattern said to knit 55 rows... I hate to count rows, just tell me how many inches to knit and I'm happy. Anyway, it ended up being 65 rows and it's 15 inches. Another thing, I picked up the wrong needles to begin the project or maybe I planned to use these circulars... I'm not sure. The pattern says size 11, and I ended up making the bag on size 10 1/2's. Now I'm making bobbles! They are pretty quick to make and I've found that some of them are not exactly the number of rows that they were supposed to be, but they look fine so far. I haven't began the process of cinching them into actual bobbles yet, but they look pretty close. I'm thinking that if this turns out well (no reason it shouldn't - I almost followed the pattern exactly on this one.) I'm going to line it with a fabric of pink with green dots! I still haven't decided on the handles, I'll have to do some looking around. Either lime green or pink or maybe even a light wood set of handles. They will call to me when I see them. Wedding plans are slowly progressing. I got the invitations ordered today and will have them next week. My mom completed my Wedding Jacket-thing! It's awesome. I have to take it in to The Yarn Corner to show it off to my knitting family tomorrow. The sleeves are VERY long, and for me that's a good thing. I'll get pictures posted tomorrow... well by Friday! Oh yes, we got a new camera. It's a Kodak EasyShare P850, 12x, 5.1 MP! I love it, and that's all there is to say about that. I'll have to start taking it with me. Rick bought a larger memory card so it can hold at least 300 pictures... that's a lot of knitting projects!!! I hear the bobbles calling me... gotta run!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

I can't wait to see both the bobble bag or the crocheted jacket!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Lovely colours - can't wait to see the finished bag!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks for coming in and showing me that beautiful jacket! I'm sad no one else was there to see it! I think it suits you just perfectly! Lovin' the bag!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home