Monday, July 03, 2006

Charity

I've discovered that it's just as much fun to knit for someone else, as it is for me! A group of us from work "GHC Cares" have decided to knit (and crochet) wash cloths for a charitable organization called "Loves Many Cloths". I have a box that sits on the corner of my desk that we are filling. (about 18 so far). We also decided that it would be fun to knit baby sweaters, hats and blankets too! So needless to say my Bobble Bag has been put on hold, but just for a short time. I've knitted numerous wash cloths, and the baby kimono (the one from the Mason Dixon book!) and now I'm working on a Debbie Bliss baby hat pattern. Oh yes, I did take a short time out (a one night project - a LONG one night project) to knit the flower wash cloth for myself. It's from the Weekend Knitting book. My friend Lauri made one and I saw it at The Yarn Corner and loved it. So I tried it, and guess what...I really, really love it!! Something so simple, and yet it makes me smiles, it's soooo soft. (cotton chenille). (I'll post pictures tonight when I get home, mine is pale blue). I think I should make many of these for Christmas presents, so they can love one too! I've ordered wonderful soaps to give as gifts with them. I'll post more later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

So glad you enjoyed knitting that flower wash cloth~I haven't tried one yet. Thanks for visiting...keep up the good work!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home