Saturday, July 08, 2006

Knitting in the Sunshine

I woke up today to an awesome sunny morning! Watered the plants about 7:30am, started a load of laundry, played with the dogs, read a few blogs and was out in the sunshine knitting by 11:00am!!!! This was truly a perfect knitting day in the sunshine.

All my favorite items are present in this picture... RIO (for listening to a new book I just started today, The King of Lies by John Hart. I use Nintendo DS earwear because the earbuds that came with my RIO aren't very comfortable and I really like the way these stay on my ears.) Iced Chai Latte, and the Baby One Button Cardigan for charity. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I love the way this feels! I think I'm going to have to think about making me a wonderful sweater someday using this or the Cascade that is the same 80% cotton and 20% wool. It just feels yummy. Now on to the next project of the day! My dear friend (and knitter) Patty gave me her old dresser set and I've totally striped them down and I'm giving them the "Beach Feel Treatment". Today I dusted them really well and began the painting process.

I have tried to download my dresser picture 5 times now... it's not working!! Picture will have to wait until tomorrow!

It looks white in the pictures, but it's a very light blue. I've already finished the tall piece, it's the same light blue, light aqua and another light blue/green. All three shades are so close it's a little hard to tell the difference. I'm not sure yet what fun things I want to do to this piece tomorrow when it's dry, but I'm sure it will come to me. I'm going to scuff it up a bit to make it look weathered, and we bought some cool hardware for it. Although we haven't found the hinges I want yet. So the door will have to stay off for a little while longer. This piece will go in our entry way. I can't remember what we talked about putting in this when it was finished, but now all I can think of is it's going to be a great place to keep yarn!!! I'm sure this will go over well with Rick! I'm thinking about maybe fabric to line the drawers, but not sure yet. It will come together slowly like everything else I imagine.

I'm praying for a second day of sunshine tomorrow. Rick is going out fishing and still on my "to do" list for the weekend are:

  • get the two lavendar plants I bought into the ground (deer don't eat them!)
  • finish painting and scuffing my yarn dresser
  • finish baby sweater ( the one button cardigan)
  • make more bobbles
  • address more wedding invitations
  • wash and vacuum sand out of car
  • fold clothes (do you see how low this rates on my list!)

Enough for tonight. Sweet dreams of sunshine (and little wind)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

You are such a fun blogger! Love the pics. The dresser sounds sooo cool. I wish I had more room for something like that myself!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home