Friday, July 14, 2006

It's Raining... YARN!!!!!

Knit Night at The Yarn Corner was great this week!!! I think I might have gotten one row knitted on my T-Top Sweater (Guideposts knit for kids sweater). The rest of the time I was gabbing and looking at yarn, and asking questions about knitting! I love these girls!!! They are all so talented, funny and very eager to help with my numerous crazy knitting questions! I talked to Amber about Kool-Aid dyeing and I can't wait to try that, but for now it will have to take a back (far back) burner. I did make a major yummy yarn purchase and I couldn't get home fast enough with it! On the drive home I told myself, "as soon as I finish the charity sweaters, then I can get started on my Chocolate Cardi" I almost had myself believing that this is what I was going to do. Until I walked in door and starting looking for my needles. Unfortunately, the only size 8 circulars I could find were yucky bent ones that were either given to me, or I picked them up at a garage sale. I didn't even make a swatch first (I will now slow down and do this!). I did knit a few rows on the old ugly things, and then stopped to go to bed. About the yarn... I love this Chocolate color, it's Cascade 220 Superwash. Ever since I saw the halter top that Heather made, I've been wanting something in that yummy Chocolate color. This is another purchase from a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure yet what bag pattern I will be using, but I couldn't pass it up. I believe this giant skein was 350 yards. It looks so different in these two cute balls. I've narrowed down the FELTED bag patterns to maybe 5. Any suggestions would be welcome! I also purchased more cotton chenille to make flower wash (face) cloths. They will be Christmas presents, so I need to make sure to keep that yarn in my Go Bag! Well I'm off to my first Bridal Shower. My sister-in-law ( the best in the whole world) is hosting it tomorrow for me. She lives up near Seattle, and Cassie and I are leaving the boys (Rick and Thor) for the weekend. Of course I have my knitting with me! I'm going to try to finish the T-Top Sweater. Knit on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

What fun to see the yarn this way...wow, where did you get it? haha Hope you're having lots of fun!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home