Monday, January 08, 2007

Here we go again

(This Blog is dedicated to my poor snowed in mom! - wish you could see what I've been knitting.) OK... like I said "Here we go again"... they (the weatherpeople) are saying we are to get really super cold weather and snow! Yeah!!! I love snow! (sorry mom) When we get snow it doesn't last long, so that's why I love snow. When mom gets snow it lasts until Spring. We don't have to dig out our driveways, so it's pretty and it makes me smile. (much nicer than boring old rain!) We had one of many wind storms last Friday night and lost power for the night. I think we might be due for more super winds too! That's the beauty of knitting... you can knit even when the power is out... candlelight knitting is very relaxing. The only thing that makes it difficult is how many blankets you are wrapped up in to keep warm while knitting. Since I've not posted much lately so I thought I would post a few pictures of things that I've recently finished. Fetching fingerless gloves out of oh-so-soft and warm di.ve' Autunno 100% fine merino wool made in Italy. I made these a little longer in the arm and added one more repeat of the cable on the fingers to make them come down a little longer than the other 2 pairs I made.

Below is my second Calorimetry out of the same yarn as above just a different color. I love this yarn... I love this yarn... I love this yarn! 98 yards of heaven in a ball. I changed the pattern very little with this one. I used size 6 needles instead to make it a little tighter and smaller. I'm not much of a hat wearer, but here at the beach it gets really windy and my ears get so cold. So this is a great alternative to a hat! I think I need to make one more to match the fingerless gloves shown above!

This is my first pair of Fetching fingerless gloves and my first Calorimetry. It's hard to tell in this picture, but they do match, and they look great with jeans. Taos yarn.

I'll try to post again tomorrow night. Stay warm and pray for snow (for me - not mom)!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

I love the fetching and the calorimetry! I haven't used that yarn yet, but I will soon! I am sorry to say that I won't be praying for snow, it is no fun when you live on a hill.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home