Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm MARRIED! So let's get back to knitting!

So much has happened in my life... I got a year older on the 18th of August, and I got married on the 19th!!
During my stressful moments I took a little time to just do some simple knitting. I started the bag in the Debbie Bliss "Home" book. I didn't realize it was a round bottom bag. Very cool how it worked up. I did change it just a little. The bottom is knitting flat and then you are to knit the whole rest of the bag that way and then sew it all up. I choose to knit it in the round and then sew up just the bottom of the bag. Thus making it a great simple knit in times of stress!!! Just knit, knit, knit, knit - you can't go wrong with this pattern, and I love the way it felted up. Next time I will make the handles just a touch thicker I think. I did purl one extra row before binding off, because it just seemed to thin to be sturdy handles.

These pictures were taken with a tall cone of yarn in the bag to show you how round and tall it is. You can tell by the books that the height is "just right". This is going to be my "Sock Knitting Bag". Yes, I am at last going to learn how to make socks!! I can't wait. Look out Bunni here I come! So now I'm back to working on my chocolate cardigan. I almost finished the back this weekend, while I sitting outside with our boring garage sale. I did meet some very nice people and got lots of strange comments. One man thought I was crocheting a dog!!! Tourists! I swear! The weather is cooler today and I'm getting excited to wear my cardigan so I better get back to knitting. I'll post more pictures later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna (Random Knits) said...

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!!

Donna
Random Knits

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home