Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Knitting

2007 is coming in loud and clear here at the beach today! Lots of rain and wind. Yesterday, the last day of the year was pretty nice, and I got a fair amount of knitting done. Going into 2007 I'm Actively working on 3 projects:
I'm working on socks for Larry (my mom's husband). I call them Seahawk Socks, because of the color, and Larry likes the Seattle Seahawks. The yarn is wonderful, it's Fly yarn, Monarch Butterfly 3-ply colorway is called Blue Grass, I think. They feel wonderful and are 100% merino washable wool. The pattern I started out to use I decided I didn't like and I changed to use the leg pattern from the Thuja socks , this pair of socks is from the cuff down. I cast on 64 and I'm using size 1 circular needles. The first picture shows the true color much better than the second picture.

Yes, I have started the second sock and hope to be done with this pair to get them into the mail sometime in the next week.

Project number 2 is my first scarf ever. It's for the Red Scarf Project. I'm using the Cable Embrace Scarf pattern. So far so good, I've only completed 2 pattern repeats and in this picture you can see how it's going so far. I'm not 100% sold on this scarf yet. I may change patterns, who knows. I'm using Lamb's Pride worsted in Red Baron, and size 8 needles. I know it's a hand wash yarn, but I just happen to have this beautiful color of red and wanted to use it because it feels so nice.

Project number 3 is a small project bag. I love my Go Bag in lime green and I've seen a couple of round tote type bags knitted and felted. So I am loosely using the beginning of a pattern I found in my Weekend Knitting book (page 54 Checkers Tote). I'm using up scrapes of yarn from other projects. This is a very low priority project and pictures will follow... someday!

Next on my To Do's:

Mom's sock yarn is begging me to come and get it! I've promised to start on them as soon as Larry's socks are completed they are next. (Poor brown RPM socks almost completed and sitting quietly in my lime green Go Bag.) The yarn for my mom's sock is beautiful and I can't wait to get started. This will be my first pair of adult socks knit on dpn's.

I've been collecting lots of patterns for socks and I'm looking forward to making many this year! I have a couple of sweater patterns, and I just might even finish up that Bobble Bag! Oh, and Cassie (my Jack Russell) wants a new sweater too!

So I guess I better getting knitting!

HAPPY KNITTING NEW YEAR!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Happy New Year!

I look forward to seeing the felted tote and the other projects too!

I made up some of your dip yesterday - get to eat it tonight yummy! I love it!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home