Sunday, September 17, 2006

Green Gable in Brown, and other weekend stuff

Well it's very difficult to get a decent picture of the progress on my Green Gable sweater. I'm not yet to the point were the sleeves go off on to scrap yarn and I can try it on. About another 20 rounds to go. I've been reading the Green Gable knit along blog and it's been very interesting to see and read all the different things people did to change the pattern. It's very helpful to see how other sweaters have turned out.

I also started a little green sweater for a charity a couple of weeks ago. It's a Lacy Check Cardigan from Classic Elite Yarns. It's supposed to be knit in two colors and have a checked trim, but I decided to simplify and make it all one color... don't you just love this green! It needs to be completed before Christmas! I'm pacing myself on this one.

The big news for the weekend... NO the garage didn't get cleaned... we have shelves in our office now! We made the big trip in to town and didn't find anything at WalMart, so on to Home Depot (let me say every time we go to this place we spend too much money... I don't like this place!) Anyway, we found the shelving stuff and Rick made a wall of shelves in our office. I love it because now I can get all the junk out of the closet. Well, I'll have to be careful not to get it all out at once, Rick would freak if he saw how much junk we have in our closet. He's a bit of a neat freak when it comes to his desk. He works from home and uses his lap top and the desk computer, so I'm sure he will be very happy with all the room now. I'm going to try to organize the stuff this week, slowly putting out more stuff on the shelves.

Just one little complaint for the weekend, I just have to get it off of my chest... Can you see the round ball on a stick next to the monitor? Well that's one of Rick's newest toys... he tried to sell me on what a great thing it is because now I can see and talk to mom at the same time... well, hello... my mom doesn't have one! So a fat lot of good that will do me. Maybe it will be a Christmas present for her, then I can show her what I'm knitting and talk at the same time. Boys and their toys, I swear! Oh, he also got a little one that can be clipped onto our lap tops too! Ok, I've stopped laughing now, because I just remembered how much he paid for all this. So if anyone out there has one of these eyeball camera things and wants to chat let me know. I'm all set up on Yahoo's Messenger thingy. Well I'm off to make dips for work tomorrow (big clearance sale on dips - I always sell off everything from last season and then get started on the current season - I can't believe I'm thinking about Christmas already!) Maybe I'll have time to get a little more knitting done on my GG.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

Your GG looks great!
Your dips are so yummy! I need to get some before the holidays.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home