Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sunny Weekend

As we come to the end of January I realize that I'm not finished with my Red Scarf. I've decided to give it to someone for Valentine's Day and that will give me a bit longer to procrastinate working on it! (It's a little over half way done.)

Good news, Friday I finished the red socks that were to be a Christmas present, and now they will be a beautiful Valentine's Day present. I'll post pictures later, I can't get my giant foot in them and they look awesome on, so I will have my little footed friend model them on Monday.

Did I ever show you these little cuties... I made two pairs for my niece Riley this past Christmas. One pair in aqua and these, and her feet barely fit in them. Guess I was a poor judge of 2 year old feet... what do I know, I have 2 dogs! Well she did manage to get them on and run around in them, they should fit for about another week!

Now a new pair of socks... these will be for mom! Here's a little peak...

I love this pattern. The pattern is called Scale Skin Socks I saw them on several other blogs I was reading and decided I must have them, BUT... to get the pattern I must join the Six Sox Knitalong. I have been reading stuff that has been posted by the group, and enjoying the pictures of all the completed socks, they give me so many ideas! I only wish I could knit faster. I said this to someone the other day, and she just smiled and said "Slow down and enjoy the moments you do get to knit". I'll try to keep that in mind.
I must now go and enjoy my iced latte and knitting in the sunshine, yes, that's right I said SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I close my eyes I can pretend it's above 40 degrees F and it's summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home