Sunday, July 30, 2006

Getting my ducks in a row

Yes, here I am two days in a row! First - the weatherman was wrong - it was a beautiful day at the beach - NO RAIN!! We had some clouds for awhile this morning, but they didn't stay long.
Ok, with that out of the way, here we go... At last the Guideposts sweater is completed!! I do hear the applause. (one duck in line).

Next duck (or sweater) to get in line... the one button cardigan. This one goes in the charity sweaters box at work.

And yet there is one more...

Let me just say I think I am a dyslexic knitter. Clearly the picture in the book shows the ties on the right, and the sweater overlapping to that side... so why has Shanda put the ties on the LEFT?? I also put a small tie on the inside to match the ribbons on the outside. I think I will try this one again. I'm going to use the Mellon colored cotton fleece that was donated to us to make charity sweaters. I will pay attention this time to the length (I think I will make it longer - and I will lap the sweater to the right side this time!)

Here's another shot of the Kimono and my Ball Band wash cloth... I had it outside to wipe down the table and then left it out to dry, and I love the colors together! I also knit this Kimono as part of the Mason Dixon KAL.

Break time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

I tied mine that way, too! :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Tokyo Knitter said...

It's actually better with the ties on that side. All kimonos should have the left side on the top. The ONLY time the right side is on top is when the wearer is dead, in the coffin! Every Japanese person knows that, but I guess Westerners don't...

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home